MAKE : CRUMPLED PAPER POUCH

17 May 2015


Heya!!
I know, I know I say this almost every time I post, but I've been gone a while...
1 month, in fact.
I'm quite disappointed about this, as I thought I was going really well with blogging. I have a few more posts planned, and will be getting a new camera (Sony RX-100) in 5-10 weeks, so be ready for better photos! It feels good to be back posting, and hopefully it will stay like that!
Anyway, onto the possst!

    you need: a brown paper bag / gift bag (if using gift bag skip steps i - v), a snaplock bag (if you are planning on putting plants in it), sticky tape, paint (optional,) and scissors.
instructions:


i. I first scrunched up the paper then flattened it out. This is so it's easier to roll up the edges later (and I think it looks better, too). Now cut off the bottom where it's sealed. If you want to paint it, now is the time to do so

ii. Now fold the bottom up halfway.
iii. Open the little pocket up and fold it in like shown in the picture
iv. Now, fold the bottom section up. repeat this on the other side.

v. Unfold, and then fold the top and bottom sections to the line in the middle. Secure it with sticky tape.
vi. Now stick your hand in and puff it up. Roll the sides tightly. keep rolling until it is the size you desire.
vii. If you wish to put plants in, line it with a plastic bag. this will prevent any water moistening up the paper. I used a little stripy aloe vera in a yoghurt tub  (✿◠‿◠)  you can also store washi tape, pens, beads or anything else in these!
I made this giant one with some brown wrapping paper ( around 40 x 60 cm ). I folded it in half then taped it together then proceeded with the rest of the instructions. You can use one like this for shoes, rubbish (huh, a rubbish bag made out of rubbish //farmer-like chuckling//), or larger plants. I'm planning on making a mini garden.

And that's it!

See you next time,
Sophie xx.

FUN FACT: I started using roman numerals instead of regular numbers so I remember for a test (i have no idea how roman numerals work, or why they were invented (probably to torture innocent children like me  v(ಥ ̯ ಥ)v )
Oops, forgot to credit... inspired by this post :)

5 comments:

  1. I really love this! I'd want to try it :) It would look cute in my room

    http://iamnotskeen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you tried it yet?

      xx

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog, very cute! Love this idea thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute diy.Probably going to try it soon,thanks for sharing :)
    xx The Lifer Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! Feel free to express your opinions, but please do so in a polite manner. Thank you!